Thursday 4 August 2011

FIRST DAY TEACHING AT BEPONG PRESBIE PRIMARY SCHOOL

TUESDAY 12TH JULY 2011,

We were all called out of our rooms in the volunteer house this morning due to a fire ( caused by a young volunteer who put butter in the oven to melt and left it there ,i thought the place was going to go up in flames ,black smoke everywhere but the people living there seemed to get it under control,thankgod!)
It all went downhill from then on ,the housekeeper was so fed up with some of the volunteers not washing their dishes and attitude she just didn`t bother turning up,so we all cooked our own meals and it didn`t work very well with so many sharing one kitchen :( !
Anyway after the drama this was my first day of teaching the children and i couldn`t wait to watch the children`s face`s working with all the arts and crafts i brought them from my wonderful friends ,Maurice,Tom,Gina,Annastacia and Judith who donated money and arts and crafts for me to take on my trip ,these donations made all the difference to me and the children and i couldn`t of done what i did without their help !!
I also started the class with a warm up song "If your happy and you know it clap your hands"!!! :)I practised this in work and at home to get me in the swing of things and watched endless other videos of nursery ryhmes on youtube to jog my memory from when my children were young !! :) Writing the words on the blackboard paid off and they sang nice and loud including me !!
Below is a video of me singing with the children !:)







Today we made some fabulous faces with paper plates and paints and they absolutely loved glitter paints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was complete silence in the class because the children were happily engrossed in what they were doing ,then hildren from other classrooms without volunteers looked through the open shutters along the wall watching and wishing they were in our class .

The teacher was so excited and loved what she was watching the children do with the arts and crafts and brought in other teachers and the headteacher to take a look who they kept thanking me and my other volunteer friend Sandra :)
Here is a video below ,the teacher is filming us and you can hear her shouting at the children ..........



Felt shattered when i arrived back at the volunteer house ,voluteers were arriving and leaving all the time .

We had a meal cooked for us by Rose the housekeeper which was Black eyed peas and plantin and very nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment