Tuesday 8 March 2011

March 7th 2011 My MRI Scan

I had my MRI scan yesterday ,it`s been 7 years since my last one (due to an almighty NHS cock up!) ,i forgot just how scary they are ,i had a bit of a panic attack when i lay down and the hannibal lecter type mask was put on my face,didn`t think i could do it ,i felt claustrophobic,they have moved the MRI scanner into a mobile unit and i think that`s why it seemed even more claustrophobic and freaked me out ,i asked to be blind folded and then i did some deep breathing and that seemed to do the trick ,they pulled me in the" tunnel of doom" for 20 minutes and i must of had a total of 10 different head scans .
I now have to wait for the results ............
.




I went for a 6 mile run this morning and this is me talking as i am running :)



My little man friend who stands at the bus stop in the mornings and watches me run past :)




"A positive mind anticipates happiness,joy,health and a successful outcome of every situation and action "


3 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    I've been checking your blog regularly and waiting to hear about your scan.

    Well done for finding the strength to go through with it, many people cannot tolerate the claustraphobic feeling.

    I'm hoping you get the best possible result...keep us informed Jackie.

    All the best xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for caring about me ,i hoped you would read this post,i spend alot of my spare time supporting people who are losing their sight due to a rare eye disease,it`s nice to have someone there for me when i need it and it means alot .
    Love and hugs ,
    Jackie XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. It`s been nearly a week so it`s looking like no news is good news !!!:)

    ReplyDelete